Your browser does not support JavaScript!

Child Abuse In Care Homes

abuse claims In children's care homes

Children who are abused in care homes are vulnerable and that means they are preyed upon by abusers and suffer neglect, exploitation or abuse. If you or someone you know is a survivor of abuse in a children’s care home, then get in touch today and our compassionate solicitors could help you to receive compensation for the physical and psychological harm that was inflicted. 

Who can claims be brought against?

It may be possible to bring a case against the individual who committed the children’s care home abuse. An action against a children’s care home can also be brought against the owners of the children’s home, this could be a local authority or a privately-owned company. This is allowed as the law indicates that they have a duty of responsibility for their employees’ actions. 

It’s also possible to claim negligence against the organisation if you can prove that they knew what was happening, or should have known about the abuse. Negligence can also be claimed if the organisation didn’t intervene when they were made aware of the allegations of abuse. 

When you get in touch to discuss your case with us, we can advise you on the best course of action to take. 

Are there time limits for a claim against a children’s care home? 

There are time limits when it comes to making a claim against a children’s care home, however, there are some exceptions to this rule. 

The claims are supposed to be filed before the survivor’s 21st birthday. However, due to the sensitive nature of these cases justice can still be pursued at a later stage. 

Survivors of child abuse can often take decades to talk about what happened to them, and sometimes it can take even longer to realise that they actually suffered abuse, so these time limits don’t always apply. 

If you feel ready to discuss what happened to you, then please get in touch with us today and we can assist you in bringing you some form of justice. 

What are the funding options available for making a claim? 

If we are to assist in your case, we can advise you on the best options available for funding your case. 

We do work on a no-win, no-fee basis, so provided you assist us with everything we need to move your compensation claim forward then you will not have to pay us a penny unless compensation is awarded.