Your browser does not support JavaScript!

Claims Against Local Authorities

suing council for negligence

Local authorities cover a wide range of services, which means that the reasons why people claim compensation from them can vary greatly. 

If you believe that you deserve compensation then please get in touch with TDP Solicitors today and we can help you move forward with your claims against a local authority. 

What can you claim against a local authority? 

When suing the council for negligence you can typically claim in two areas which fall into general damages and special damages. 

General damages refer to your pain and suffering, any changes that you have had to make to your lifestyle and the impact it has had on you mentally. 

Special damages refer to such things as loss of earnings, medical expenses, transport expenses for medical treatment and any changes you’ve had to make to your home as a result of the accident. 

Claiming negligence from the council 

If you’re looking to claim compensation from a local authority then you’ll need to show that your abuse happened as a result of the failure of care on their part. Get in touch with us today and we can help you arrange a free consultation to discuss your case and make a decision about moving forward and who is best to claim compensation against in your specific case. 

Are there time limits for making a claim? 

Claims against a local authority usually need to be made within three years, however, there are some exceptions to this rule so it’s always worth speaking to us regarding your case and we can advise what is best moving forward.